You feel stuck. Your motivation has been lacking. Things you enjoyed before just don’t seem enjoyable anymore. Even your friends are mentioning that you are “just not yourself” anymore.
Depression shows up in a variety of ways and tends to be a dark cloud you just can’t shake. No matter how many supplements you take, self-help books you read, or even talking to your friends, depression will feel like you are the problem. And, it feels like you won’t get better. While everyone can feel sad or upset at times, depression is different. It can feel very heavy and hopeless. Stuck. Empty.
Symptoms of Depression
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiousness, or emptiness
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and helplessness
- Ongoing lack of self-esteem or low self-confidence
- Trouble remembering things or concentrating
- Finding it hard to make decisions
- Sleep disturbances – difficulty falling asleep or sleeping too much
- Lack of interest in things you used to enjoy
- Irritability and/or negativity regardless of circumstances or context
- Eating disturbances – too much or not at all, weight changes
- Physical aches and pain that are not explainable by medical conditions
- At times suicidal thoughts or attempts
Depression Counseling at Authentic Connections
The depression therapists at Authentic Connections Counseling offer a safe and healing atmosphere to talk about what is going on and help you through this troubling time.
We aim to offer HOPE. Even when you can’t feel it. When depression is clouding your vision, we hold this sacred space for you to heal and find hope too. The skilled therapists at our Castle Rock-based counseling center have worked with countless individuals to overcome depression.
Furthermore, we seek to understand how you are experiencing depression. It is our priority to meet with you and listen with empathy and compassion. Our depression therapists understand and have expertise in walking alongside you to help you learn how to heal and cope.
Depression Treatment Methods
Our therapists are able to teach you a variety of coping skills while using a blend of numerous therapeutic modalities.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Spiritual Direction
- Somatic Experiencing
- Relational Therapy
- Creative Arts
- Neuro Emotional Technique (NET)
- Trail Therapy
Not every person experiences depression the same way. So, our therapists will work directly with you to understand what you need and come up with a plan. Our counseling center is known for our authenticity and relational connection to our clients. Above all, we offer non-judgmental support by providing a safe place to unpack your struggles and take a deeper look at your depression.
In addition, we offer support to family members or friends who need more understanding on how to support you in your wellness journey.
Depression Treatment Can Help
Depressive symptoms have been shown to decrease through depression treatment. Most importantly, people are able to even experience renewed purpose and feel freedom from what has kept them stuck. Many of our clients who have worked through depression counseling report many of the experiences listed below.
- Feeling heard and understood
- Reducing anxiety and depressive symptoms
- Increasing self-esteem
- Understanding and implementing boundaries
- Gaining better communication skills
- Increasing coping skills
- Experiencing freedom in areas you’ve felt stuck for years
- Connecting in personal relationships
- Lessening behavioral issues with their children and teens
- Learning how to live fully despite depression
- Not feeling alone
- Gaining support
- Increasing feelings of hope
Begin Depression Treatment in Castle Rock, CO
You deserve to break free from the holds of depression. At our counseling center located in Castle Rock, CO you can exist without expectation while being truly heard and understood. In addition, you can receive depression treatment anywhere in the state using online therapy in Colorado. Our depression therapists would be honored to be a part of your healing journey. To get started, follow the simple steps below.
- Call us at (720) 370-3010 x100.
- Speak with our Intake Coordinator to set up an appointment.
- Begin depression counseling sessions and start finding relief.
Other Services at Authentic Connections Counseling Center
We understand the weight of struggling with your mental health. Whether you have found yourself in the depths of depression, anxiety, or postpartum, our Castle Rock-based team wants to support you. And, not only do we provide services to adults, but teens as well. If you’ve found yourself experiencing symptoms of trauma or PTSD, we can provide support to you as well. Our skilled therapists are trained in EMDR therapy to help you move through the feelings of being “stuck.” In addition, we offer marriage counseling to couples looking to reconnect with one another. In short, our experienced therapists are excited to meet you and help you heal. And, this can be done from anywhere in Colorado thanks to online therapy.