Anxiety can often show up in many different ways…
- constantly worrying
- feeling nervous with certain situations
- too overwhelmed to make decisions
- avoidance of specific circumstances/issues
- a general sense of feeling tense
- asking yourself “what if” a lot
- making decisions based on fear
- worried about what people think
- avoiding social situations
- hyper-vigilant or “alert”
- compulsive behavior
- racing or obsessive
- panic attacks
- What is a panic attack?
People often experience major physical symptoms during panic attack such as increased heart rate, dizziness, sweating, hyperventilation or feeling as though you are in a tunnel. People also describe having terrifying thoughts such as “I am dying” or “I am going to have a heart attack” even though this is not truly happening.
At Authentic Connections Counseling our therapists offer compassionate listening in a safe and non-judgmental place to help you find relief from the symptoms of anxiety, worry and panic. We utilize many different techniques and effective treatment approaches to treat the emotional, spiritual and physical sides of anxiety. Because not just one plan works for everyone, each therapist will customize a treatment plan along with you to make sure your needs are being met.